- Collodion (Parlodion Strips) 2% in Amyl acetate - EMS 12620-50
- Mulberry Paper
- 400 mesh copper grids - EMS G400-Cu
- Put dH2O in a wide glass beaker (190x100 mm).
- Cut the tip of a 1 ml pipette tip with a razor blade.
- Put a big drop of Collodion onto the water surface (slowly).
- Place grids (G400-Cu) on a smooth collodion surface (without wrinkles).
- Dark/Shiny side should face down (this step is specific to grid types).
- Place them close to each other (challenge yourself, make a perfect grid shape with grids).
- If a grid lands upside down or on top of another one, do not try to save it, otherwise colloidal will break.
- Cut a piece of mulberry paper (couple of cm bigger than the grid area).
- Just leave the mulberry paper on top of the grids, rough side should be facing the grids (do not touch the paper, it will eventually be wet and stick to all grids).
- Use razor to cut the colloidal just from outside the edges of the mulberry paper.
- Do not stretch the colloidal, otherwise you may strip the colloidal from the grids.
- Hold the paper along the sides with forceps and put it on a petri dish with a filter paper. Grids should be facing up.
- Cover the grids with petri dish cover kinked to allow aeration and to protect from dust.
- Allow it to dry over night.